這首歌似乎有很多典故,如下:
http://artsites.ucsc.edu/GDead/AGDL/uncle.html#tread
Well the first days are the hardest days, dont you worry any more,
一開始是最艱難的,妳無需再擔憂
cause when life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door.
因為當生活看來安逸時,危險就在妳的門前
Think this through with me, let me know your mind,
和我一起思考這事,讓我知道妳的心意
Wo, oh, what I want to know, is are you kind?
噢,我想要知道的是,妳是否仁慈?
It's a buck dancer's choice my friend; better take my advice.
我的朋友,那是個廉價的選擇,所以妳最好接納我的建議
You know all the rules by now and the fire from the ice.
到如今,妳知道所有的規則,並且能夠分別火和冰
Will you come with me? wont you come with me?
妳會跟我一起來嗎?妳不會跟我一起來嗎?
Wo, oh, what I want to know, will you come with me?
噢,我想知道的是,妳會跟我一起來嗎?
Goddamn, well I declare, have you seen the like?
該死的,我宣布,妳看過類似的嗎?
Their wall are built of cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me.
他們的牆由砲彈建成,他們的座右銘是不要踐踏我
Come hear uncle john's band playing to the tide,
來聽聽約翰叔叔的樂團,伴著潮水
Come with me, or go alone, he‘s come to take his children home.
跟我一起,或者獨自上路,他已來帶他的孩子們回家
It's the same story the crow told me; its the only one he knows.
這和烏鴉告訴我的是同一個故事,這是他唯一知道的故事
Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go.
就像妳來時的朝日,就像妳離去時的風
Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait,
沒有時間去憎恨,沒有時間去等待
Wo, oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?
噢,我想要知道的是,時間去了哪裡?
I live in a silver mine and I call it beggar's tomb;
我住在銀礦中,我稱它乞丐的墓碑
I got me a violin and I beg you call the tune,
我拿到一把小提琴,我求妳指揮
Anybody's choice, I can hear your voice.
任何人的選擇,我可以聽見妳的聲音
Wo, oh, what I want to know, how does the song go?
噢,我想要知道的是,這歌要怎麼演奏
Come hear uncle john's band by the riverside,
來聽約翰叔叔的樂團演奏,在河岸邊
Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide.
有一些事可以談論,在上漲的潮水邊
Come hear uncle johns band playing to the tide,
來聽聽約翰叔叔的樂團,伴著潮水
Come on along, or go alone, he's come to take his children home.
跟我一起,或者獨自上路,他已來帶他的孩子們回家
Wo, oh, what I want to know, how does the song go.
噢,我想要知道的是,這歌要怎麼演奏
沒有留言:
張貼留言